If you are a filer or taxpayer and want to pay income tax, you can pay it either online or manually. Please see the payment methods:
Factors of Income Tax Calculation:
Calculating income tax depends on various factors that contain your status whether you are an individual, a company, a firm or a local authority, The amount of your income and its nature, and your age.
Heads of Income:
According to Income Tax Ordinance, 2001, taxable income is divided into five categories:
Income from Property
Income from Other Sources
Benefits of Paying Income Tax:
Paying your tax returns and wealth statements is good for your government as well as for you to get filer benefits to enjoy a minimum withholding tax on all of your services at excise offices, airports, banking transactions, in purchasing new cars and for real-estate matters. Earlier, the FBR had separate portals for companies and individuals. But now, they’ve made it easier for everyone.
Online Tax Payment
Steps for FBR E-Enrollment:
Here are the ways for FBR E-Enrollment to start paying your income tax:
- Get yourself register with FBR and start paying your tax returns online.
- For unregistered person go to FBR IRIS portal provide all relevant information by clicking on the registration tab
- For different options again open the IRIS portal and click on e-enrollment.
- To complete the registration process, enter all the asked details like your mobile number, CNIC, etc.
- Login into your account and fill the form by entering all your income information.
- Now you are a Tax Filer.
- In order to check that you are on active taxpayer list or not type ATL give space then enter 13-digit CNIC number and send SMS it to 9966.
Guidelines to Pay Income Tax:
Once, you become tax filer you need to pay your income tax by following these steps:
- First of all, log into e-file
- Click on the e-Payments tab.
- Then, go to Create Payment, select Income Tax Annual Return option.
Creating Payment Slip:
- Selection of related tax year
- Entering the Tax amount due
- Selecting a payment mode
- Clicking on create a button and confirm the e-payment created.
- Select the nearest city branch of State Bank (SBP)or National Bank (NBP) for payment slip deposit. (you can download the PSID by printing it)
- After the payment of due tax, the COMPUTERIZED PAYMENT RECEIPT (CPR)is generated. It is reflected in Iris within 24 hours of payment being submitted
Manually Tax Payment:
If you can’t go online and pay taxes then you can manually submit your statements on paper at the Taxpayer Facility Counters of the relevant regional tax office.
However, if you want to pay your income tax but you are not a filer, then check the relevant blog ‘How to become filer‘.
Late Tax Payment Penalty:
Failure to pay your taxes is punishable by a fine or a penalty of one year or two in prison.