If you are the citizen of Pakistan, it is your duty to pay your tax. To become a filer in Pakistan, you must simply follow the procedure explained below:
- Obtain an NTN Number(National Tax Number) as this number is required to become a filer in Pakistan.
- NTN number can be obtained by visiting your legal adviser or by visiting FBR website and making a request. For this purpose, go to the site and then go to the Registration for Unregistered Person tab. Fill the form as it is a simple form. After filling it, it will generate your NTN number.
- NTN number takes a few hours and you will get a unique NTN number at your disposal but now the government is working on converting your National CNIC as your NTN number.
- IRIS Registration. Go to the federal board of the Revenue website and then go to the IRIS tab. Register yourself to e-enrollment.
- Once you got registered, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Fill in the income details required. You need to have all the relevant tax content available.
- Once you submit all the details, IRIS will confirm that you have now submitted it.
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation email. Later you will be active on the ATL listing.
- You can also validate it through logging in and entering your NTN or CNIC.
By following these steps, you can become a filer. Moreover, being a filer also gives you different advantages. So, please see the filer benefits.