Pakistan Customs Computerized System (PACCS) is one composed system covering all procedures, activities, and techniques relating to customs and custom tax.
A need for a computerized system was felt to redo and change the entire framework utilizing data Technology and business process reengineering after facing many issues by the Pakistan Customs Administration.
The purpose of the Customs Reform Process was to enhance the organizational performance of Pakistan Customs, transforming it into a modern organization that is performing its duties in the best possible manner and in accordance with international standards. Since international cargo clearance is the core of basic customs, the best way to measure the performance of a customs organization is to measure its dwell time.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SYSTEM:
- It covers the entire field of customs activities.
- PACCS is ONE WINDOW OPERATION according to which declarants do not have to leave the comfort of their office for cargo Clearance from the port over the web anywhere inside or outside Pakistan.
- A concept of a completely paperless environment as all documents except in outer correspondences with specific foundations like the courts are generated by the system without any manual need.
- All information is organized and is redesigned distinctly through specific and committed input points. At the customer end, the information input is through drop-down menus and codes which helps to eliminate input mistakes.
- The exchange of all trade with customary partners is electronic
- Rapid clearance of cargo within 24/7 hours within hours of arrival.
- Self-assess duties and taxes and exclude customs before filing a declaration.
- Online Cargo Clearance Status Report.
- Online and instant duty drop approval
- Electronic filing and refund approval.
- Trouble-free and selective examination based on risk management
- Manifest data online.
- Secure assessment and evaluation condition.
- It is perfect with CSI and ISPS.
- No un-receipted costs.
The above impacts are being accomplished by the ideal utilization of data innovation. In IT phrasing, PACCS has an expert decision-making system.
For more information related to Customs, please visit Customs Basics.